Saturday, February 26, 2011

Get Ready, Get Set

Last week I advised finding and cleaning up tools, which, I , of course, didn't do, because we have had cruddy weather, and, and, and, well, I just didn't do it.  I think they are all over there in that corner of the garage, except for stuff in the other shed, and stuff on the porch...

Get ready for spring garden spring cleaning, hoeing, raking, digging, and all that energetic stuff by getting some exercise NOW.   Take some walks,  do some upper body strengthening stuff.  Whatever will work.  I guarantee you that you will have more stamina, and more strength to do the work once it starts.  I have gardened for many years, so things on my body are in different places that they used to be,  or don't work as well as they should, or I get "hitched in my giddyap."  After I started taking two dance lessons a week 4 years ago, I noticed that I could be outside really working for much longer, with much less residual pain.  Now, I am still having a love affair with ibuprofen, sometimes I take it before I start, to keep down the creaking and groaning.  But I know that I can do the yard and garden work, and I will continue on, I hope, for many years.

Also, find or get some really good gloves, save your hands. 

Dianne, dirt and all

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your tips and stories, questions and best books for improving the gardening experience. Think you have a vision for gardening, join the blogger editorial staff. Email the creator.