Monday, March 7, 2011

Twiddling Thumbs and Spinning Jennies

I am just a little bit too ready for spring, but in a great showing of my character, my July behavior is already kicking in.

Having learned of "You Bet Your Garden" from WHYY- and loving it so much I might forget Mike McGrath's 'yous' usage- I am ready for the peat pots and Cream Sausage Tomato seeds that will be waiting at my mother's house in just two weeks. I'm ready to turn off the heat pads and uncover the wee seedlings at the first site of germination. I vow to avoid over fertilizing and to use bone meal, egg shells or calcium carbonate tablets on all tomatoes for good flavor. I'm ready to set out boxes of arugula, and butter lettuce, though I said I wouldn't.

Yet I haven't moved one inch of grass from my lawn. I have the bucket, a thanks from Aaron and Alyssa, upon helping them move the last few items from the apartment. I have the shovel. My husband set them out back. Lazy girl. I've not painted them orange nor moved them to the front of the house.

Wonder what this garden will be, if I don't have the will to do that, and if I keep thinking about how much I would compensate my kiddos for each full bucket THEY remove.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your tips and stories, questions and best books for improving the gardening experience. Think you have a vision for gardening, join the blogger editorial staff. Email the creator.